Monday, January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragonof Chaos! Rawr!!

I know, I know. It's the Chinese New Year of the Dragon, not the year of my character. I just thought it was clever heh.


I use this as my desktop image cause the Shatterer is awesome.

So the year of the Dragon. If you follow Chinese astrology, you know all about the Dragon and its traits. I'm actually a Tiger, a Flame Tiger to be more precise. So this is not my year after all, heh.

Forgive me if I do ramble a bit, it's been a long day (first day of Spring Semester for me).

Anywho, I'm going to ramble a little bit more and then I will have a point. Actually, this is a little story. You like stories, right? Good! (If you don't, just bear with me)

So last night, I was getting ready for bed and I was on Twitter on my phone (as usual). Suddenly, Martin (one of ArenaNet's  CM's) tweets a very cryptic message about checking the ArenaNet blog soon.

Wide. Awake.

Thanks Martin.

So I wait, and I wait, and I refresh my browser half a dozen times in the next 5 minutes. And finally the blog pops up. I skim the first few paragraphs talking about Year of the Dragon, yada, yada, yada...and then I see it:

"We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we’re now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year." Source

And that's when my jaw hit the floor. That's also when any semblance of sleep left me for at least another hour and a half, if not two hours.  So thanks for giving me insomnia, ArenaNet, and right before my first day of Spring Semester. It's ok, it was totally worth it. I didn't get tired until I got home, anyway. This news was a wonderful start to an awesome day!

So by now, this is all old news, but I haven't been able to write about it until now.

To say I'm excited about this, would be an understatement. While I know I probably won't get into any of the beta events happening before summer, the fact that the game is going to be released this year is enough for me. :)

Of course, on the miracle I do get into a beta event, I would definitely take advantage of it.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
© 2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild WarsGuild Wars FactionsFactionsGuild Wars NightfallNightfallGuild Wars: Eye of the NorthGuild Wars Eye of the North,Eye of the NorthGuild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

1 comment:

  1. The dragon looks epic, I also used it for my Chromebook wallpaper

    ReplyDelete