Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pink Day in LA (Lion's Arch)

So this post is almost a month old, but better late than never. Plus I'm a horrible procrastinator and I'm a college student so I'm busy...sort of. Mostly, I just procrastinated.

Anyway, this was my first experience with an event in Guild Wars since I started playing at the end of July. I didn't really know what to expect and I ended up in District 4 of LA which was being helped out by a guild called Freaks of Society. I had only planned on staying for maybe an hour or two to check it out but I ended up staying for 8ish hours? I don't really remember but it was practically all day and pretty much the whole time the event happened.

I had a blast. I won an oppressor weapon for my HoM, won some other little things from people not affiliated with FoS or Pink Day. It was the most fun I've ever had in an mmo ever. Seriously. I can't remember ever having this much fun in any other game. The community of GW is amazing. And it was all for cancer research. They raised a little over $10,000 in one day with this event. How awesome is that?

At the end of the event, I started talking to Salmon Avenger, one of the members of FoS and I was interested in possibly joining as part of their alliance. I then realized that my guild I was in was going nowhere (we were a guild of 2 people lol) and I didn't really feel like recruiting anymore or even being a guild leader anymore. It was fun for a little while, but I just wanted to go back to being a member of a guild for a while. So I ditched Bunniesof Chaos and became a Freak of Society. I got my fiancee' to join too.

So at the end of the day, I made a ton of new friends and had a new guild and a new weapon for my HoM. It was the best experience in an MMO ever. I look forward to Pink Day in GW2 now even more, as well as Halloween and all the other events.

No comments:

Post a Comment